Hello Tookies fans! Tookie's Operations Manager, Jessa here!
Tookie is a busy bee preparing all the wonderful Valentine's orders we have received. It is a blessing and we are so grateful for your continuing love and support! Didn't make the holiday deadline but still long for some cookie-wiches? Well I've got a simple recipe for Valentine's Cookie-wiches you do not have to be a master baker to create!
Your Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 375°
2. Start by picking out the hearts you like to be displayed on the top of your cookie-wiches
3. Take a baggy and place 2-3 hearts of the same color in. Repeat this step for the other colors as well.
4. Using your hammer crush up the hearts within the baggies. Set aside.
5. Take your dough and prepare small balls approximately 3/4 of an inch in size
6. Dip the bottom of your glass into sugar, then press lightly on the balls to create the cookie size you'd like (these will be perfectly bit size)
7. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until the edges are a golden brown
8. IMMEDIATELY, press a heart into the top half of the cookies. You will have to work fast to avoid breaking cookies once they have cooled.
9. Allow to cool and place a tsp of frosting onto each bottom cookie
10. Taking your little heart smashed bits, sprinkle onto frosting focusing around the edges
11. Place top cookie (containing the heart) onto the top of the frosting and press lightly
12. You can roll them in more heart pieces if you'd like
Place in the fridge for an hour or so, then enjoy!
Hope you enjoy making these little bite size darlings! Thank you again to all of our wonderful customers who have made this Valentine's Day season one the Tookies family will cherish!